Congratulations to Washougal middle school musicians who recently earned a spot in the North County Middle School Honor Band.

Canyon Creek Middle School students asked to participate are Mariah Moran, trombone; Bradley Carter, tuba; and Brynn Haralson, trombone.  Jemtegaard Middle School students selected are Barret Hemminger, trumpet; Jace Poulsen,  percussion; Jayden Ross, bass clarinet; Amara Farah, clarinet; and Alexandria Kneipp, Flute.

Haralson said she is looking forward to seeing the music and the challenge.  “I expect it will be more difficult to play,” she said.

Kneipp is also looking forward to the experience.  “When I heard about it I knew I wanted to try to go,” she said.  “I love music and I want to learn how to play more instruments.  Being a part of this will be a good learning opportunity and will help me grow.”

Selected Honor Band students will be brought together for two days early next year to work with local conductors.  Their efforts will culminate in a performance for family and the community.